Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Signs of My Times

I purchased the above sign several years ago in a little store in Joplin, Missouri. Some people see the humor to it....others don't. I personally find it funny.

A couple of weeks ago I was out at a local greenhouse and saw the sign below. I've been single for about 25 years, and am often asked about "why." This sign isn't exactly right for me...mainly because it's putting the blame on my ex-husband and he really doesn't deserve it. It's the "others" I've seen since then that this sign applies to.
And then last Friday when I was in Paxico with my cousins we went to eat at the only eatin' place which happened to be a bar. They had a wooden version of this sign and I actually tried to get the owner to sell it to me. Nope! So I came home and went to ebay....and look what I got in the mail today. Love it!!!! Perfect!!!!!

My life is pretty simple, isn't it? Or is it just me?
And for those of you who know me....yes, there are other signs and I'm not displaying them here!!!

1 comment:

marlu said...

I like it! Your life in signs.

My main sign is "Dull women have immaculate homes" given to me by a friend who knows what kind of housekeeper I am. However, I also am somewhat dull!