Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cousins, Chocolate, and Cycling

Yesterday I met my two cousins in Abilene for lunch at a Mexican foods place, and then "visiting time" at Russell Stover's!  I came home with lots of memories, lots of laughs....and lots of chocolate.  If you haven't made a stop at Russell Stover's (just off I-70 west of Abilene), you either should....or really should not!  Fresh, cheap, abundant chocolate.  Delicious, tasty, gooey, messy chocolate.  Satisfying, soothing, fattening (oops) chocolate.  My crisper bin is FULL....plus a large box on a shelf in the fridge.  And that doesn't even take into account all that I consumed. Wow...it's goooooood stuff!  My personal favorite (at least so far) is a Giant Rocky Road Bar.  It's actually more like an over-sized cluster.  Marshmallow, walnuts  and milk chocolate.  230 calories. 1.75 ounces...that's pretty big...and only $.37 each.  I bought several a lot. They're absolutely delicious!!!

So....then this a.m. Carol and I rode to Yoder (12.47 miles south of Hutchinson) to meet Mary and a couple of her bowling friends.  (They drove over in cars.)  We left Hutch about 8 a.m. as we're supposed to have strong south winds today.  Got to Yoder about 9 or so and joined the group for coffee (well, in my case, diet Dr. Pepper.)  Then Carol and I decided that since we'd have a strong tailwind all the way home, we'd go on south 3 miles or so.  We did.  I got home with 32.33 miles.  GREAT ride!  Up to 22 mph and barely pedaling!

Great day...get out there!  The wind is your friend! 

No comments: