Monday, December 8, 2008

Maybe a New Hobby / Craft ???


In an earlier blog I mentioned and had photos of a room I had just redone using tissue paper on the walls. Well, it's several days later and several people have seen it and I've asked for honest opinions. So far about everyone has liked it.


I'll be seeing my sister soon and since the photos don't really do the wall justice, I decided to cover a couple of old cardboard boxes with the same technique. First box is small; maybe 3 x 3 inches. The other box is one that business cards came in, probably 3 x 8 inches or so. Well, the small box I decided to apply the bronze glaze to, but left the bigger box with just the khaki tan/green paint on it.


Tonight a friend, Sharon, came by and I showed her the redone room. She really seemed to like it. Then I showed her the boxes...just because they were sitting there and handy. She really liked them. She thinks I should sell gift boxes...go on ebay with them...etc.... I thought they were kind of neat, but no where near THAT neat!! As we talked she kept coming up with suggestions for different colors and different glazes. Finally I said, jokingly: "And how many would you like to order tonight?" She said, "I want to see the samples...black with silver glaze!"


After she left, I had to think: I don't really need ANOTHER hobby. I have several and don't commit fully enough to any of them. But.....a little later I decided to try my hand at making some truffles, and there was the cream cheese box....and I hated to just throw it away. So now it's balanced atop a syrup bottle, glued with tissue paper, and painted black. Gotta find some silver glaze tomorrow! :) Simple mind, what else could it be? One man's trash is another man's treasure? I doubt it in this particular case.

No comments: