Friday, December 19, 2008

My Son, Scrooge

Let me tell you about my son. He lives in Texas and today's his 45th birthday. He's a very private person so I can't go into a lot of detail here about him....but I'm very proud of him! He does have a bit of an attitude problem however. He's never been overly joyous about Christmas...or any holiday for that matter. Several years ago (he was old enough to get away with it)..we were riding around, just him and me, looking at Christmas lights. I was totally enjoying it, pointing out first one and then another: "Oooh, look at that one......ooohhh...that's pretty....oohh, look at that one". J finally had had enough I guess. As he slumped in the car seat, he said, (and I'm cleaning this up quite a bit) "Yeah....Ho, F'n, Ho!" So, obviously, he's just not a Christmas person!

A few nights ago I called to talk to him and got his machine. I left a message something to this effect: "Hi...it's Mom...so are you still planning on coming up for Christmas? Do you want turkey or lasagna? Anything else? Let me know. Love ya..bye."

A day later I got this email...entitled "EZ Cheezy" :

Yes... I will be driving x-mas eve, I want lasagna, ez cheezy, olives you know the drill make sure you really over do it and I'm really going to be pissed if you don't have all of you decorations up also. Get the damn antlers on Schizo. No time to talk now call you later.
Your Son
Scrooge

Isn't he just the cutest little ___________(fill in your choice of choice words!)? BTW, ez cheezy is a cheesecake with cherry pie filling dumped on top...it's been his favorite since he was a little kid.

Anyway....so now I'm completely happy...and today I did my best to make sure I could really over do it to the best of my capabilities. I'm looking forward to Christmas and to his visit with great anticipation! I hope all of you have a very merry Christmas. I feel certain I will! Enjoy!!!

No comments: