Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year - 2009 - YES WE CAN!!

Just a brief entry to wish each of you a very Happy New Year. I'm looking forward to 2009 and hoping we see some real improvements in the world situation. 2008 has been a real "downer"...and it's definitely time for a change. For what's happening in the White House, I hope everyone will give the new administration a chance, and not make their judgments based on stupidity or old hatred. My blog, my opinion: we need out of this damned war NOW!!! It's been wrong since it's beginning. Much much more to say....but won't go into it here/now.

On a much lesser level, I hope to make improvements and changes in my own life as well. I'm not good with making/keeping resolutions, but I do plan to get out more, do more things, meet more people in 2009. I'm going to look into volunteering -- but that has some stipulations right up front -- I'm not wild about working with children, or illness, or the elderly. (I feel like I've kind of done my time there. That's sounds pretty greedy but that's just how it is.) I'm probably too old myself to volunteer for something like Habitat for Humanity, but something like that would interest me more I think.

Anyway, I hope each of you have a wonderful and prosperous 2009. Happy New Year!!!! PPPHHTTT! (That's my party whistle...what did ya think?)

No comments: