Monday, March 16, 2009

Another Gorgeous Day...Another Beautiful Ride

Once again, Kansas is proving itself! What a beautiful day!! Carol and I met about 9:30 this morning, rode south over the K-61 overpass and met Mary at G Street and K-61 about 9:45. From there the three of us trekked through Careyville, down Airport Road to Illinois Avenue and headed east. At the intersection of Illinois and Buhler-Haven Road I had 13 miles, but we decided to go on just two more miles so I'd have a 30 mile day. (Double those miles...ya gotta ride it back as well!) I haven't talked to Mary since we got back, but I think she probably had 3 or 4 miles more than that. It was an absolutely perfect day. And great company to ride with always adds to it.
I got home about 12:30...ate a bite (or twenty), and went out and added chlorine to the pool. Needed to get that done. I've been thinking seriously about mowing just to get rid of the dead grass on top, but decided today wasn't the day. Maybe tomorrow.
Hope your day has been as fun as mine was!

No comments: