Saturday, March 28, 2009

We Needed Moisture.....


I'm trying to think like a wheat farmer with no livestock, or maybe an incredibly good tractor and lots of warm clothing...and with a larder full of good food. This is no longer funny....enough already!!!!
You'll probably notice all my pictures have line through them....that's blinds in between the two panes of glass in my windows: I'm NOT going out to take pictures at this point!!!! It's about 10 am Saturday..this is supposed to stop about noon. It's going to have to stop pretty abruptly however, as it's still coming down BIG TIME!!!!
The first picture is to show you the snowdrift that comes up to the TOP stringer on my 6' privacy fence.
With the second picture I was trying to capture the huge shelf of snow that's hanging off the eave....it's obviously already "relieved itself" once...the bushes below it are covered and disrupted.














The third picture is shot out the front door (which was blocked with snow) at my neighbor's car and the drift between me and the rest of the world.






We really needed moisture...this is wonderful. And it's beautiful! And I went to the grocery store Thursday and have absolutely no reason to get out. I said this morning if I was a paperboy, this is the day I'd call in and say, "I QUIT!" I don't find a paper on my porch, but I'm not willing yet to go out and dig around. Surely they didn't deliver papers.
Just now Schiz started barking and I went to see "what at"....someone in a red truck was crossed up in the street. They finally got loose and started backing up...must have decided they'd gone as far as they wanted to!
Well, no livestock to feed or worry about, the larder's stocked, Spring will be back soon...this is terrific moisture. I'd love to get a picture of my forsythia but that would require me going outside. Not that important to me.
Schiz has a piece of old basement carpet in the garage that she knows is ok to go on, so I don't have to let her out even.
All's good...SMILE......I've got electricity (so far)...cable tv..computer...food...running water...a roof over my head...and plenty of Diet Coke....and two and a half bags of chocolate chips!!!! Count your blessings!!!! I do!!!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: