Friday, March 20, 2009

Yard Work & Cinnamon Rolls

As mentioned in the previous blog, I was wanting to get my yard mowed. I did that the very next day...and also trimmed the "spreaders" (cedars) at the south end of the pool. Why anyone would EVER plant those things stumps me...and then, to add insult to injury, they put lava rock around them!!! Well, I gave 'em a good haircut and then spent quite a bit of time cleaning up the mess I'd made. And I raked out flower beds and edging ruts (where all the leaves accumulate) and in general tried to get ready for Spring. I even moved a table and four chairs out of the garage back out onto the deck. Then I mowed both the front and back yards. Didn't get much grass, mostly little sticks and dead leaves, but it surely looks better. Also watered for 45 minutes and that probably helped most! But "Come On, Spring... I'm ready!"
And then, the next morning I woke up with a sore throat, which I fought for two days. I'm a believer in vitamin C...so popped 2 or 3 of those a couple of times, ate oranges, ate pico de guyo (I'm sure ONIONS and peppers and tomatoes help too!) I figured I didn't have to worry about giving my sore throat to anyone because a) I think it was a "dirt and dust" thing, and b) who'd want to get close enough with all the onions and pepper breath? But, anyway, today I feel pretty normal again..well, normal for me!
Today is my friend Mary's 66th birthday....only Mary claims she'll never be more than 9!!! Recently she and her hubby were written up in the local Hutchinson magazine for their bicycling habits. She certainly doesn't look 66....and she CERTAINLY doesn't ACT 66...she is 9!!!! This morning we went out to the Dutch Kitchen west of town for a cinnamon roll. Friday...9:30 am... I was amazed at the number of vehicles in the parking lot!!! Saturday...or early morning...or noon...yeah, but not Friday mid-morning!!! But we got right in and waited on immediately...and the food was, as always, delicious! Mary had a cinnamon roll and I had the biscuits and gravy...but then we each left with a cinnamon roll in hand as well. Hey...we're gonna ride those calories off!!!! Sure we are......
Not much more happening here...the forsythia is in full bloom and the Bradford tree is about 1/2 in bloom. It's surely going to be Spring soon!!!!! Have a great day...and be sure to count your blessings!

No comments: