Sunday, March 29, 2009

SNOW!!!! 18" of SNOW!!!!!!

It's 10 pm Sunday evening. I'm tired, so this will be short. Remember me saying what a beautiful snow this has been...how badly we needed the moisture....blah, blah, blah. I think I hate snow!!!! All reports now are that we've had 18 inches of snow...18 inches!!! I don't remember if I've ever seen this much snow before..maybe when I was a kid (or maybe it was just that I was shorter then!)
I've shoveled more snow in the past two days than I have in my entire life...and I still can't get out of my driveway. I have a place in front of one garage that's probably big enough to park my car...and a walkway from the porch to the mailbox that's now about 3 shovel widths wide. While I was out shoveling today a good Samaritan on an orange Kubota tractor came sailing around the corner, buzzed over and moved about 4 or 5 scoopfuls of the icy hard snow that the road grater had piled across my driveway up onto the parking. I was so tired I wasn't thinking and when he took off, he waved and I just waved real big. Why didn't I run out there and $$$$$$$Stop him?!?!?
It has all really begun to melt...but it's still deep. I can now see the entire seat of the green metal lawn chair...and most of the planter that's right beside it (if you look at the picture you can barely see the rim of that planter.) Still haven't been able to get out the back door..maybe tomorrow. There about a 5 foot drift on the north side of the house so it'd be tough going around...plus, because I have a pool, the gate's locked on the inside.
I'm really hoping for warmer temps tomorrow. Today was great, but tomorrow's supposed to be even warmer. I'm still working on counting my blessings, but I've struggled with it today. (Pratt, about 70 miles southwest of Hutch, had 28"...) Rest will help! Stay warm..

No comments: