Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring has WHAT??????

Well, folks...here's the view from my front door today!!! So much for Spring! I've heard forecasts anywhere from "trace to 1 inch" up to now they're saying "up to 12 inches". We've got high winds..gusting into the 50 mph range. It's lovely here!!!

I'm usually a person that gets out of bed and gets around, takes a shower, gets dressed, and acts like the day's going to continue. This a.m. I went out and got the newspaper, read it, did the puzzles while sitting in bed. Then I dozed. The dog woke me up at 10:30. It's now 2:35 pm....and I'm still in my housecoat! I'm not going anywhere...no one's going to get out in this...why bother to get dressed? Well, so far, a young man trying to convince me to take him up on his offer of a free carpet cleaning, and then about an hour later my neighbor gal came over because she'd lost her phone and wanted me to call her. Who knew? I wasn't expecting company!

I've ran the dishwasher, "vinegared" all my glasses and coffee pot, dusted everything above the cupboards, and all the ceiling fans. I'm currently doing laundry. I've played WAY more games of Text Twist and Sudoku than any human should. I'm bored... so here I am. A friend and I had planned to go to the Fox this evening to see the movie, but we've decided it's too yucky to get out. So.....last week was gorgeous....next week will probably be gorgeous. It's Kansas! Probably won't have to shovel snow...a tornado will probably blow through...or a dust storm. We need the moisture so badly it's hard to complain...ok...maybe not THAT hard!!! Stay warm and dry ... and be patient!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patsy Terrell said...

I guess you saw my email earlier this week about planting this weekend. Uh... obviously that's not gonna work... maybe next weekend. :)