Monday, November 30, 2009

Busy Times!

Busy, busy times! A little over a week ago I spent Friday and Saturday at the Christmas In The Foothill Craft Show. Then came Thanksgiving...I don't have much family nearby so it was just my son and me, but ya still gotta eat turkey and stuff!!!! And we did, of course!

Then J had to work Friday, but was gone over the weekend. I spent that time trying to get Christmas decorations in place, all the while keeping in mind that next Sunday I'm going to move all the furniture out of at least two rooms, probably three, and possibly four....because Monday, December 7 is our big Christmas Craft Fair here at my house. (I'll get back to that in a minute.)

So I spent time Saturday and Sunday putting out/up Christmas ornaments and decorations and the trees, etc. Today I managed to make a few phone calls and send emails to "alert" people of our big sale...and even went for a 16 mile bicycle ride with Mary (quite enjoyable!!!!)

Tomorrow a.m. I'm to go for a bone density test (I'm 65 now...I get ALL the good stuff...wanna hear about the last one? I don't think so!!)

Thursday I plan to go to Manhattan, pick up my cousin Shon, then we're going on to her sister's, my other cousin Becky. And we're gonna do whatever we find to do that's fun.

Friday evening I need to go set up a booth for the Hutchinson Recreation Christmas Arts & Crafts Boutique that will be held in the Trinity United Methodist Church at 17th and Main on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Then Sunday clean house and move all the furniture out so we can have our Craft Fair here on Monday.

The carpets get cleaned on Tuesday.

And Wednesday I'm doing a one day trunk show with my sterling silver at Flawless Image Tanning Salon here in Hutch.

Then I have a whole week to catch up until Pat and I set up booths on Third Thursday in Downtown Hutchinson. We've gotten permission to set up inside Hayes Home Furnishings at Sherman and Main. Pat was there last month and said it was a very good place to be.

Now...back to this Christmas Craft Fair we're having here at my house next Monday. So far I have either 8 or 9 other vendors and I think we're going to have a grand time. We're going to have door prizes and secret hostess prizes and snacks and drinks.

One of our vendors, Janis, is going to fix pasta (Pappardelle's Pasta). She was my "neighbor" at The Christmas in the Foothills show and I got to try three different pastas she had fixed (oink, oink!) They were absolutely delicious! I bought a couple: one is a lemon chive angel hair and the other is a tri-color (spinach, dried tomato, regular) wheel-type pasta. Wonderful! I won't give it away, but she's told me what she plans to fix...we had it the other day and it's FUN!!!!! Something I'd bet you haven't tried before! As to how good it is: one man tasted it, looked at her and smiled real big and said, "Are you married?" Lip-smackin' good!!!!

Some of my other vendors include Brenda with her gorgeous beaded jewelry, Pat with her Iris-folded greeting cards, Carolyn with Scentsy candles, Heike with the wonderful plasma-cut custom metal work, Dartyle and her friend Beverly with some of the cutest embroidered tea towels and other goodies, possibly Billy & Shari with some antiques sprinkled around, and possibly Mark with his wonderful goat's milk soaps.

We're all hoping for a good turnout...we've all sent emails, and are making phone calls, and passing out cards and invitations...and speaking of which...here's YOUR invitation now!!!! Please feel free to drop by between noon and 7 p.m. on Monday, December 7 and see what fun we're having. There'll be a sign out front to help you find the place. And here's where I guess maybe I'm weird...email be at b_robinson@cox.net and I'll send you my address. Hope to hear from you and see you on Monday!!

Well...it's getting late and I've still got work to do so I better go. The weather is behaving and today was gorgeous. Don't miss the opportunity to get out and do something in the next few days. They (the weather-guessers) talk like this nice stuff is about to end. Count your blessings...and good night!

No comments: