Monday, March 14, 2011

Has Spring Sprung???


Has Spring sprung???? I sure hope so!

Last night I went into the kitchen and before I switched on the overhead light I noticed how bright the room was. At first I thought someone must be sitting out in a car with the headlights on, but I took a quick peek through the blinds to see SNOW!!! The yard was completely covered with snow! The driveways never did cover, evidently warm enough to keep the snow melted.

We got only a trace and it was pretty much gone before noon today.
Blessings....my friends at Salina had about 5 inches of snow!!!





While outside this afternoon I noticed these grape hyacinths(?) beginning to bloom. Two so far. There are about seven or eight plants with larger plants alongside them (daffodils???). We'll see when they bloom I guess.



And speaking of "blooming"...here's a blooming idiot!!! She'd been "burying" a milk bone (you can't see that, can you?)
When she turned back toward me (to check to see if I could see it) I moved to get a camera. Her hair had actually settled down quite a bit, but she had a halo of hair for awhile. She works so hard to get those bones hidden...and then stands and barks when she wants them out. Her nose is too flat or short or something to get back in the crack of the sofa. Duh!!!


Count your blessings!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

marlu said...

Schiz looks so cute/funny! Not sure if it's a "just woke up" look or "leave me alone" look!

Anyway, "fly-away hair" look for sure.