Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring's Lovelies


They're up and blooming beautifully!!! Aren't they pretty? Surely this is a
positive sign that Spring is here. The weather in the middle of Kansas has been absolutely gorgeous (other than too windy!)...warm and sunshiny. That's all supposed to end this weekend I guess. We need rain...just hope it doesn't bring severe weather with it.


As I look at these lovely flowers I also see the remnants of last year's knock-out roses. I cut those back....WAY back....with the comment: If they come back, fine. If they don't, that's fine too. As I look at these (and at the pokes I received on the side of my hand today while trying to pull a dandelion) I question whether they're worth it. I've never been a real fan of roses. They simply aren't pretty enough to warrant their thorns. They may or may not make it through this summer. We'll see. They were about four feet tall in places and very "wild" looking when I moved in here last September. They'll be kept short this year.

But I really do like the jonquils or daffodils...I don't know the difference and the grape hyacinths...or whatever
they are. I like these yellow and purple flowers. How's that?

Also I notice my pictures loaded backwards (don't think that's the pictures' fault!). First picture was to show that there's still more to come.

Hope your weekend is great! Don't forget to count your blessings...and ask for help for all the people in Japan...what a tragic mess.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

marlu said...

I hope your jonquils survived the hail! We were out in the car with a shower that turned to ice.
As soon as we returned to the garage, the hail stopped.