Sunday, March 20, 2011

How I Spent My Summer Vacation..or Something Like That


Lots of ballgames on tv today...too windy to bicycle ride...so I decided to paint. I've been needing to get this horrible looking patio fence painted for some time...well, ever since I moved here last September. I will tell you this...these pictures don't do the "ugliness" justice.

It was light turquoise, with lime green stringers and posts. AND....so you can fully appreciate the talent of the #&^%$# that lived here prior to me, it was also INTERIOR paint. And she's a school teacher...that's what our kids are learning from!! (And yes...I did just end a sentence with a preposition BUT I am aware of it!) Anyway...I digress...back to the fence. On top of the turquoise and lime green were white plastic lattice panels. Truly a lovely picture.

BTW, the entire fence...all three sides were like that....this first photo I'd already painted a good deal of it white...but ALL of it was turquoise and green!

Yesterday I bought a gallon of exterior white paint and started wire brushing and scraping today. I probably didn't do as good a job as I should have but look at it this way: my thoughts were how I could just replace the entire thing!

So mid-afternoon I decided it was time to do something. I haven't painted a fence for a long long time. And I don't see me wanting to do another one real soon either. I do still have to do the outside, but it's already white and will be much simpler.

These photos also don't do justice to how poorly my white paint job looks. It definitely will need another coat...again, much simpler than this first coat I'm sure.

Next projects out there: repaint the hinges on the gate, put down plastic and rock between the fence and the patio, and put down some pavers going out the gate. Another day, another dollar.

Good day...got something done that I can actually SEE the improvement! I like that! Hope yours was as good and as productive.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

marlu said...

The fence (and patio)look really good! That was an odd color choice for the fence.
White is Nice.