Sunday, May 17, 2009

BABIES!!!!!


Look at my baby tomatoes!!!! Only two so far, but lots and lots of blooms. I'm so proud of them :)














And do you see the THREE sprouts in the elephant ear pot? My green house method evidently worked...and I will be using it again in the years to come.
I probably needed to see some sign of gentle life today. Earlier this afternoon a friend and I went to see "Burn After Reading". I was confusing John Malkovich with Quentin Tarantino (I know, they look nothing alike..but they both have that "I-wonder-if-they're-really-acting-or-is- he-really-that-demented-and-evil quality)...but this movie is very very like Pulp Fiction to me. Different story, but the same "this causes that causes this" and pretty soon you're back to square one. Violent in parts...and usually you're laughing at things you're not sure you should be laughing at!
We had a rather "private showing"...there were only 6 people in the theatre. I think there were 8 when it started, but there was a man with a boy sitting behind us and I think they must have left early. I didn't expect much of a crowd as the weather today is absolutely perfect and I'm sure most people are doing "outside" stuff. We'd planned to go Friday evening and a hail storm rolled in, then Saturday evening my friend had a card game to go to, so we decided this afternoon would be fun. And it was!! I can't say I recommend the movie, but I did enjoy it..but it does have some sexual references and offensive language that may upset some people. Don't take the kids...but it's pretty funny. George Clooney and Brad Pitt...it's hard to go wrong!

No comments: