Friday, May 15, 2009

The Back Yard


Just a little update to show you how "the plants" are looking today. I've got ABOUT 45-50 cannas up and showing now. Here to the right are just a few. I'm going to put down some more landscape timbers and then plastic and mulch around them I think.


A
And here's the baby elephant ear plant. It's growing very rapidly!








The tiny clematis is one that I moved and nearly killed last year. It's just in the worst possible place...but it's blooming!!! My neighbor has a HUGE one that grows up over a big arbor and it's just gorgeous. That's my goal...but I don't think this is the right location for it!





Here are a few of the black-eyed Susans....and that one to the far right is one of two giant purple zinnias that Patsy gave me. The other one is at the other end of this plot and is doing quite well. I had planned to use them around my little pond, but didn't get moving on it fast enough and the zinnias needed to be in the ground.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: