Friday, May 15, 2009

More on the back yard


Blogger wouldn't let me (or I'm not smart enough to figure out how to) post more than four pictures...so this is a continuation of the earlier blog.

Up front I want to say that I'm open to suggestion, advice, comments, etc....

The spreading cedars are SICK!!! They look even worse in person. My opinion is that it's because I trimmed them too early (thinking it was spring)...and then we had an 18" snow storm! It seems to me they're getting greener...but I'm not sure. I don't like them...in fact, I intensely DISLIKE them....BUT...I don't really want them to die because that would mean I'd need to remove and replace them with something...and that's a lot of work! Any suggestions???? Please feel free to either email me or leave me a comment!

And Patsy...if you're reading this....all that greenery along the fence is day lilies and iris...next year, OK?

And here are the two peony plants that I thought I had completely dug out last fall. They are under a big yew bush and behind the shed. Between the shed, the two sides (corner) of the privacy fence and the bush, they get very, very little sunlight. And yet, they have buds on them.


My friend Pat promises to take them off my hands this coming fall. Goofy Things!!!


I really love growing things. But I'm afraid I'm not very good about it. I tend to plant things (like the cannas) and then decide I really should have cleaned the bed of grass and weeds BEFORE I planted. I kind of think if they're going to be strong and tough and live here, they need a little competition! Maybe not, huh??
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi. Parabéns por seu excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil. Abração

Patsy Terrell said...

Next year! I have all I can manage at the moment... but next year hopefully all this will still be in place and I can expand! :)