Thursday, March 25, 2010

And THAT'S Customer Service!!!!!

Have you ever done business with a place that just makes you happy? I have! Just today, in fact! A few years ago I "developed issues" with a local Hutchinson-based business and decided to take my business elsewhere. Close friends in Salina suggested a place in Salina that I might like. From Hutchinson to Salina is about 55 miles one way, but I've found it's so well worth the trip.

I've taken my bike there several times now, and NEVER have I been disappointed or upset. It is so nice when every time, they are the ultimate pleasant, humorous, informative, and educated people.

My bike has been deciding to shift "on its own", so today I decided it was time to take it to the experts. I won't name the local establishment, but I would just about bet that had I taken it to that place, I wouldn't have gotten it back for close to a week and the tab would have been a minimum $40. Today I once again went to Bike Tek in Salina....I waited and enjoyed wonderful conversation while he worked on my bike....awesome!!!! Then when he was finished and we stood and chatted for a few minutes, he asked about the seat on my bike...any problems/pains I had when riding, etc. Before it was over, he adjusted the seat (twice in fact, with me taking test rides in between times). Much, much, much better feeling!!! Education and experience is wonderful! Then to top it all off, when I asked for the bill, he said, "No charge!" Holy Cow!!!!! How can he do that!?!?!?!

So....this is my recommendation for Bike Tek in Salina, Kansas. Just around the corner north on Ohio at Crawford and Ohio streets. I fully intend to give them absolutely ALL of my business and truly feel they deserve to be supported. It's so nice to find a place that "gets it!!!!"

So...bottom line...if you're looking for a bicycle shop that treats you right and knows their stuff, try Bike Tek!!!! Great people!!!!! I highly recommend them!!!

No comments: