Monday, March 15, 2010

One Last Look at Winter - I hope!


Just a quick post to show you what I'm hoping is the last of winter.

The first picture is my Forsythia bush....looks pretty wintry-drab, doesn't it?




Aha! But look (second photo)...up close....it has ONE little bitty bloom! Oh yes...spring will soon be arriving. I went today and bought my Scotts Turf Builder and I'm planning on raking the front yard, maybe even mowing over it, and then applying the Turf Builder in the next couple of days. I've raked the back yard a couple of times and it's really beginning to "green up"...maybe that's what the front yard needs too? (Yes...I will apply the Turf Builder to both the front and back yards.)



And speaking of blooming.....here's a blooming idiot!!! Today is Monday....she goes to the groomer on Wednesday to get her Spring haircut!!!!! She has more hair this winter than I ever remember her having before. Schiz has a VERY heavy coat...even for a Shih Tzu....but it's outrageous this year. She gets brushed and combed every day - usually twice a day....and she's pretty good; she seems to like it...up to a point. About 10 - 15 minutes of me pulling and de-tangling and she's done! I don't have an actual "grooming table" so she's either standing on the bed or on a table on the patio...no leash or strap to keep her from leaving. And the sad part is about 15 minutes later she looks like a rag-a-muffin again! I'll post more pictures after her spring "do"!!! I just feel so sorry for the little dogs that never get groomed - or even brushed; they have to be so uncomfortable with all the mats and tangles!

It's a beau-ti-ful day in my part of Kansas!!!! Sunshiny and clear....very nice! I heard Al Roker talking this a.m. about the storms in New York....and he said they were having "Winds of 22-25 mph....that's SUSTAINED winds....22 to 25 miles per hour!!!!" Clearly he thought that was awful! I had to think, "Gee....come to Kansas....I've ridden in stronger wind than that...and thought I was having a great time!!!"

I need to get busy...had a sterling silver show last Saturday (excellent day!!!), have one this coming Thursday evening at the Third Thursday in downtown Hutchinson, and again the following Wednesday at a local tanning salon. I have STUFF to do..... Have a great day...and please...don't forget to count your blessings! They're abundant and wonderful....and God deserves thanks for them!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: