Tuesday, March 16, 2010

One More Day - No More Blooms

I was just sure that today the Forsythia bush would be all yellow. It isn't. Today was another pretty sunshiny day (at least in the afternoon), but no new yellow blooms. I ran the sprinklers for about 30 minutes this a.m. and later in the day found a big fat toad floating/swimming in the fish-less pond. I thought at first he was dead, but when I poked him with a piece of wood he squeaked. So I positioned a rock and a piece of driftwood so that he could get out if he wanted out. Later I decided to go bail the "winter water" (just a tiny bit) out of the pond and was doing just fine: removed the rock, removed some old leaves, but when I started to move the piece of driftwood that I'd put up for the toad to use, he was under it and squeaked at me again. I finally "negotiated" his departure (I don't touch toads!). Schiz found him interesting....but when warned to leave him alone, she just stood back and watched. I finally opened the gate so he would go out into the other part of the yard.

In yesterday's blog I mentioned that I was going to go rake the front yard. Started doing that to find not much was getting removed...so I dropped the blade a notch and fired up the mower. Mowed the front and back yards...sure looks better. Maybe tomorrow while Schiz is at the groomer's, I'll get the Turf Builder stuff applied.

A friend of mine got a new tv (actually she got TWO new tv's) and offered me her older one (which is still newer than any of mine). Of course, I accepted. I went over today to pick it up and was joking that I might need the armoire to go with it....and she said, "Well, it's for sale!" She quoted me a price and I said, "Consider it sold!" My son and I were going to go after it tonight, but he got sidetracked and we didn't get there. We plan to go tomorrow night. I'll have to get some photos posted. I think I got quite a buy!

That's all for tonight....count your blessings! Bye!

2 comments:

Patsy Terrell said...

I have some crocus blooming, and buds on daffodils but none of them are blooming yet. It seems everything is a bit fearful and given the weekend forecast that might be wise!

Barbara said...

It was March 27 and 28 last year that we had 17" of snow....so maybe the plants know best, huh? Good to hear from you...still looking forward to Roy's BBQ one of these days.