Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dorothy Hamill or Is It "Dorothy Animal"?






Here's a photo of Schiz that I took on Monday...
pretty hairy little critter!










Ok....here's the "new improved version" of Schiz! When my groomer called to say she was ready to go, she said, "You won't recognize her...she looks like Dorothy Hamill!"

For a long time I thought Schiz had some weird little quirk, because when we were out walking or even when she was just in the backyard by herself, whenever she found a spot to "go", she would begin to nod her head kind of funny...first one way and then the other. Then one day when my sister and I took her walking she began the head nodding routine, and I told Jude how weird it was and what a strange little quirk it was, and Jude watched and started laughing and said, "That's because she's stepping on her own ears!!!!" AND SHE WAS!!!!

So today I told Gretchen (the groomer) to trim her way down...including the ears and tail. Gretchen won't take any off ears or tail unless it's requested! And this is the finished product.

When my son came in at noon he said she was goofy looking...and I threw out the Dorothy Hamill comment, so he started calling her "Dorothy Animal". Personally I like it (the haircut, not the nickname)...of course, I realize how much less dog hair and tangles and ears with dogfood stuck to them there will be. She's got a little "pinkness" showing...but that's due to new haircut and bath.

A trip to the vet later this afternoon to get her annual heartworm check and future meds and have one ear checked (it's a little too pink!)....and she's good to go for another six weeks. Right now she's tired...too much activity too early in the day for her, but by evening she'll probably be roaring around here. Usually once she get all that hair off of her she's pretty spry (now there's a word that shows my age!!).

(That third picture looks weird...that whitish blob over her left ear is a big white bowl standing on edge behind her...she's really not deformed!)

Later.......


Posted by Picasa

No comments: