Monday, March 22, 2010

Git 'Er Done!!


While out applying the Turfbuilder to the backyard today (I did the front yard last week) I spotted this lonely little flower...all alone...no brothers or sisters...only dead foliage from last year. But I told him he was cute and I was glad to see him. I'm sure that made him feel better.

Honestly, I'm not sure the Turfbuilder with crabgrass preventer is the right thing to use on my yard. If it truly prevents crabgrass, I may not have a yard...especially the backyard!






Today's been a busy day. Errands this a.m., then home and washed my dirty, dirty car, then decided to do a little yard work. I'd already cut down the five small pampas grass/fountain grass clumps last week, so today I tackled three of the bigger mid-range ones. That fence line is lookin' pretty good. (Well...other than this picture makes it look like the fence is leaning...and it's not really.)











And then there's only these two left....ONLY these two. I have a feeling one will completely fill a polycart..so it'll probably take me a couple of weeks to get rid of these. By then it'll hopefully be time to start planting cannas and elephant ears..if I didn't lose them by leaving them in the garage too long and freezing them.


I'm so anxious for spring to bring some light, growing, alive things around the yard! Seems like it's really been a long winter. But the snow a couple of days ago pretty much missed us and today it's 60-some degrees. My sister at Joplin said they had about 11 inches of snow and they're further south than we are, so I'm feeling pretty grateful for that! Again...count your blessings!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: