Saturday, October 24, 2009

As the Sun Goes Down....

Looking out my kitchen window earlier this evening, I noticed how the sun had finally came out from behind the clouds and was "lighting up" just the tops of the trees, so I stepped out on the front porch and took these photos.

The first shot is of the church parking lot that's just across from my house....seems strange that the lot is dark-ish...and yet the trees are so bright!








Second shot is of the neighbors' trees north of me. Notice how the closest tree has already lost nearly every leaf? It did that in one day. One day it looked like the one that still has most all it's leaves, next day it was bare and the ground was covered. Odd, I thought. They get the same water, the same fertilizer, etc...yet one just "quit" while the other goes on.









This third shot is of the only reddish tree I have. It's small and I used to think it's a little crab apple...but I don't really know what it is. You'll notice the big...that's BIG....green leaves hanging in the foreground??? Those belong to the BIG sycamore tree in the middle of my front yard. It really hasn't started dropping it's leaves yet. But when it does.................watch out!!!

One day I was sitting at the stoplight at 30th and Severance (about 3-4 blocks away) and looking north I could see a VERY tall tree and wondered, "Is that MY tree?" So I kept watching as I drove this direction....and it IS my tree! Pretty tree...but if you don't know about sycamores, they'll choke you to death if you try to mow the leaves or cut up the wood. And I do both and cough, cough, cough!!!! I had three of them at the house before this one and still wasn't smart enough to avoid another! Oh well.......


Happy Autumn!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: