Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Birthday.....???

Ok...so today my blog address is no longer meaningful(?)...will u still luv me when I'm 64??? Well, you missed one heck of an opportunity....'cause today I'm 65. How in h--- did I ever get to be that old??? It's amazing...befuddling...downright disgusting!!!!

Early (well, 8 am) this morning my OLDER sister called. She said she knew it would take me a little longer to get to the phone "due to my advanced age"....I told her I was trying to get this 24-year-old stud out of bed...to which she responded, "What happened? The wall fall in?" Ouch!!

But then Mary and I went out for our standard birthday breakfast. Mary said she'd heard of a new place we should try out...there's a restaurant at Partridge. We bicycle ride to Partridge all the time so yeah, let's try the restaurant. As we drive the 10 miles over we pass right by The Dutch Kitchen - one of my very favorite places - but we go on to Partridge.

Partridge is a very small, rural town. Dirt main street - truly! We somehow didn't see the cafe when we came into town and went down the main drag, made a u-turn, and coming back there was a man walking down the middle of the street, evidently coming from the post office. So I rolled my window down and asked about the cafe, to which he responded, "Ya mean the grease spot?!?" (that's NOT the name of the restaurant, by the way.)

Yeah.....

"Yeah, it's up there on the corner...it's cheap...it's real cheap. You might not feel very good when you leave there, but it's cheap!"

I thanked him, rolled my window up, and Mary and I looked at each other and almost simultaneously said, "Dutch Kitchen!"

We were both laughing about what a great recommendation: you might not feel very good when you leave there, but it's cheap!!! Now that's "word-of-mouth advertising"!!!!

So off we went, back to the Dutch Kitchen. You just can't beat the Amish and/or Mennonites for cooking and cleanliness! I had a half-order of biscuits and gravy, and Mary had a cinnamon roll. It was all delicious!!!! And we felt good when we left there! It may not qualify for some people's version of "Cheap"...but it's far from expensive!!! (Especially since Mary paid for it :) )

Anyway, today's going to be a kick back and do darned little day!!! It's my birthday and I don't havta do nuttin' I don't wanna!!!!! I'll count my blessings that I've made it this far, have lots of wonderful friends and family, and am blessed with good health.

No comments: