Tuesday, October 6, 2009

THE HAT!


So...remember a few days ago when I'd met my two cousins in Abiline for a fun day? Today I went to the post office and had a large envelope from one of them (Shon) and when I felt it, I thought, "Oh good!!! I'll bet she's sending me some flower seeds from her giant marigolds!"

And then I opened it. No note, no hint of why I'm receiving this hat! First, I called Jude, my sister...she thought maybe it was a birthday present. Nah....I don't think so.

So then I called Shon...and because I want to keep my "G" rating I won't tell you exactly what I asked her, but it was along the lines of "Whatever might I have done to have received this lovely hat?" (Ok, ok...I said 'it was along the lines of'!!!! )

It seems a mutual friend of ours sent it to her several years ago, and she just thought I should have it. She suggested I give it to one of my bicycling friends. I said " .... but they're FRIENDS!!!"

Anyway, so I now am the proud (?) owner (maybe that's like proud flesh!!) of this adorable ball cap. If you'd ever like to borrow it...or what the heck, even if you'd just like to HAVE it...please let me know...as soon as possible....please...pretty please....????

So I'm thinkin'....now Shon can count HER blessings...for two reasons 1) she got rid of the hat, and 2)I'm 140 miles away from her.....or so she thinks!!!! hee hee hee......



P.S. You know what this reminds me of? My mother. As she advanced in years, she found great pleasure in some really outrageous clothing items. She had a pair of white majorette boots complete with tassels and sparkles...and she would wear those whenever she could...and was proud of them!!! (Hmmmm... there's that word 'proud' again....)


And by the way, Shon...I don't remember whether I thanked you....so "thank you".....and always remember: Paybacks are hell!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think it's just loverly! However, I have plenty of caps so I don't need it. Maybe you could donate it to a circus.....