Friday, October 16, 2009

Just an update

I haven't written in here for awhile and felt like I should.

Last Saturday my sister and I shared a booth at a local craft fair. It was the first year for it and I'm pretty sure our last year. Quite a bit had been spent on advertising they told us, but we sure didn't have any traffic. Mostly it was vendors buying from vendors...and everyone complaining that they hadn't even made their booth rent yet! But it was a day of visiting and seeing people that I rather enjoyed. Can't say that everyone in our booth felt the same however. We both made "booth rent" and then some, but...............

I've been digging cannas for the past couple of weeks. Actually here's my plan...fill the polycart with cannas stalks and leaves and then quit digging. It usually takes about 3 (original bulb count) cannas to fill the polycart (and have a little room left over for other trash). I've filled 9 boxes with canna bulbs so far...the kind of boxes that 4 big bottles of laundry soap come in....and have a long ways to go yet. I've told several people to come dig whenever they want...so far, ZERO! One gal had surgery Monday so I figure a couple of these boxfuls will be for her...that's a ligit excuse. Anyone else, they want 'em, they need to dig 'em. They're really pretty easy to dig...it's the knocking the dirt off and tearing them apart that breaks my back. I do a couple a day...when weather permits...slowly by surely I'll have my sunroom completely filled with boxes of canna bulbs. Smells like dirt out there...I like the smell, but lots of people don't I guess.

I have another craft show tomorrow at the Methodist Church about 3 blocks south of where I live. I have a feeling before Christmas the Methodists are going to require membership from me. I'm in 3 Methodist Churches at craft shows between now and Christmas! I'm looking forward to tomorrow...it's only from 9am til 2pm..kind of a short day. I think I like that!

Time for me to go read awhile and relax before bedtime. Don't forget to count your blessings...they're plentiful! Goodnight!!!

P.S. Hey...I think I've found a home for "the hat"!!! A friend of mine makes creative cards and always needs little things to use on/in her cards. She currently out of town visiting and I thought about just leaving it on her porch...and then I thought, "If someone would steal this.... how disappointed they might be!!!" So..I'll take it to her when she gets home. And then instead on one person enjoying it, many people will enjoy parts of it!

No comments: