Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Zippy's Got Goose Juice!!!

Shortly after leaving the garage this a.m. to run my errands I went through the round-a-bout at 23rd and Severance. Everyone yields to whoever is on their left. Works fine. I entered from the north behind a car that was on the round-a-bout when I got there. A Hamilton Roofing pick-up approached from the west.

My thought: I've got the right-of-way...he sees me...he'll stop. He didn't. I have never been so close to being involved in a wreck in my life. When he EVIDENTLY saw me and/or decided I had the right-of-way, he hit his brakes...already well into the circle. I knew he'd hit me...I was just waiting for the jolt and crunch. But I goosed Zippy and cussed at the roofer and no jolt, no crunch. I went on around the round-a-bout and came out heading east on 23rd.

I was going to Hutch Credit Union so I signaled and pulled into their parking lot, stopping in their driveway. The Hamilton Roofing truck was right on me. I rolled my window down and fully intended to discuss life cycles with him!

He stopped in the middle of 23rd, rolled his window down, and said, "I'm sorry, ma'am...I just didn't see you at all! I'm sure sorry!"

Quick wit and hot temper all I could come back with was, "No Sh--!!!!!!"

He looked a little surprized...evidently 65 year old ladies aren't supposed to use that kind of language (and it was so much cleaner than what I had planned to say to him!)...and he said, "What?"

So I repeated it louder and clearer.

He drove off. Guess I didn't graciously accept his apology. Tough!

Bottom Line: Honda Fit Sport...wonderful little car...lots of zip...lots of "goose juice"!! Love it!

Contents of this blog have been severely censored and deleted for the safety of those involved.

No comments: