Saturday, October 17, 2009

Faith United Methodist Country Fair Day

Hi
Today was the craft fair at the church about 3 blocks down the street. (I think I mentioned in an earlier blog that I'm thinking the Methodists may require membership from me before the Christmas season is over!)

I had rented my space and a table...usually that's a 10' x 10' space with an 8' table. I got a whole room today!!! It was 18' x 18' (I stepped it off) and there were actually 2 big tables and I took my little 4' table as well. Most of the other vendors were in similar rooms...some with one or two in with them, some with 5 or 6 other booths.

I set Pat's Iris-folded greeting cards up on the 4' table and my jewelry on the biggest, tallest table. Then I used the table behind me for reserve and work space.

The crowd was ok...not tremendous, but pretty steady and most everyone was extremely pleasant and friendly. On a scale of 1-10, I'd have to probably give it a 6 or 7...relative to how I've done in the past at other sales. Not great, but certainly worth the time and effort. And if invited, I definitely would do it again. (Hey...I TRIED to behave myself!!!)

The Methodist membership had spaces upstairs and all the non-church members were located in the basement. The members were selling food....and I think ALL the good smells were coming downstairs!!!! They had chili, and chicken and noodles, and cruellers, and cookies, and a huge selection of pies. And it did smell wonderful. I resisted temptation when they came around early this a.m. with a tray of warm cruellers....and I resisted even a little later when a fellow offered to go upstairs and get me one. But third time, I folded. By then some woman had come by nibbling on one and said how good they were and they were made with a potato dough....so next time they were offered, I asked for one. They were cold by then, but still very, very good. I sure wish I'd have gotten in on the warm ones though...'course then probably one wouldn't have been enough!!!

All in all, a very nice day. I enjoy meeting and talking with people, whether they buy anything or not. One of my ex-neighbors dropped by and we both knew we knew each other and finally figured out from where. Another pleasant conversation followed.

Well...that's all for now... It's a lovely day...take advantage of it.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: