Sunday, September 6, 2009

and Things That Make Schiz Go "Hmmmmm"

Yesterday was Schiz' day to get all her shots...or most all. We had an 8:30 am appointment with the vet...who's located out in the country near Arlington. And, because they are in the country (I suppose), they have LOTS of animals. Yesterday I saw
a) a mid-size young black cat
b) 2 very large, very discontent (with each other) probably Tomcats
c) an adorable little tiny yellow kitten...maybe 4 or 5 weeks old...the kind that springs rather than walks
d) 2 cute little terrier-type puppies about 6 weeks old
e) and they even had a cow give birth while I was there.

Schiz feels about other animals much as she does about children (which were also there). She'd just as soon avoid them...especially baby animals. She has her buddy Wally that she's known since she was five months old and he's all she cares about. She'll sniff other animals, but just doesn't much care about them otherwise. She's not unfriendly...she just doesn't care to get involved. I think she'd like a cat as much (if not more) than a dog...only because they'd be about her size and probably ignore her as well.

I was holding her and I tried to introduce her to one of the puppies. She only wanted AWAY!!! The mid-size black cat might have had a chance, but then it decided to prove it's box-training wasn't perfect yet...so it got put outside real quick. The tiny little yellow kitten was persistent however.

After Schiz got her shots, I said I'd go put her in the car and be right back in to pay. As I walked to the car carrying Schiz, the little yellow kitten was just all over us...springing along under my feet. I kept pointing it out to Schiz and she was watching it too. I opened the back door of my car and put Schiz inside...checking to see where the kitten was. Schiz was watching too. The kitten went under the car right at the back door. I closed the car door and headed back to the building. As I opened the office door, the kitten came bounding out from under my car and went inside. So I KNEW WHERE THE KITTEN WAS. Good! (So, then I paid my bill and left..coming home.)

I pulled inside the garage, got out, opened the back door for Schiz to get out. She usually just hops right out and heads for the back garage door to go outside. Not this time! She hopped out and spun around, looking under the car very suspiciously. It was obvious that she still thought that silly little kitten was under there! I tried to convince her otherwise, but she's still giving wide berth to the car.

Then just as "icing on the cake"....I had a dream last night that I'd opened the door between the house and the garage and that little yellow kitten came prancing in!!!!! Sheeeeeessshhhh!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: