Friday, September 4, 2009

Things That Make Me Go "Hmmmmmmmm...."

A couple of things I've read lately have me thinking, "Hmmmmmmm."

A line from one of Rod McKuen's poems about the "Grand opening going-out-of-business sale."

And...and I don't know where I saw this.... potato peeling pie.

Don't know why these two things have kind of gotten stuck in my head...probably all the other muck and mire in there!

Speaking of getting things "stuck in your head"...and you're gonna hate me for this.....'cause it'll be there the rest of the day!!!!!!

A frog, Kermit Jagger walks into the bank and goes up to the teller, Ms. Patricia Whack. He tells her he'd like to take out a $20,000 loan.
She said, "Well, Mr. Jagger, we don't know you. Do you have anything for collateral?"
At which point, Kermit Jagger says, "Well...my father is Mick Jagger, and I also have this"...and he sets a small ceramic elephant on the counter.
Patricia Whack says, "Sir, I'll need to talk to the bank president and be sure this transaction is alright with him, if you'll please excuse me."
She walks to the bank president's office and tells him, "Sir, there's a frog named Kermit Jagger in the lobby wanting a $20,000 loan. He says his father is Mick Jagger and all the other collateral he has is this ceramic elephant thing. What is it and what should I do?"
And the bank president says, "It's a knick knack, Patty Whack, give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rollin' Stone!"

Enjoy your day!! Have a great Labor Day holiday....and don't forget to count your blessings!

No comments: