Sunday, September 27, 2009

What Happens to Smart Alecks


So, it's Sunday afternoon. Sonic has their Happy Hour drink special. J (my son) and I decide to go have one. I haven't been to Sonic very much...and I don't think EVER in Hutch...maybe years ago to the one on 4th Street.

J was harassing me about not knowing what to do to order, what to expect, what was what, etc. When we finally got our drinks, his was considerably larger than mine (as it was supposed to be) and yet I foolishly asked the wait-person, "Which one's the Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper?" Well...duh.....so J started in on me again!!!!

As we pulled out of the driveway (I'm driving) I took a sip and said, "mmmmmm". J interpreted that to mean something was wrong/different/??? He said it probably needed stirring because all the flavor might be in the bottom. Being a real smart a....leck, I just put the straw in my mouth and blew...you know, like we did when we were kids....well....the cup had a lid on it but that didn't even slow the soda down....here's my shirt. (Maybe that should be "Here's your sign...") I was so embarrassed that someone may have seen me do that and J and I both were laughing. However, his was more of a cruel snicker-y kind of laugh...you know, the "I told you so, you dumb a--" type!!!! And then, he didn't EVEN want to hold my cup while I got the car-towel to sop up some of my mess - he thought it was too sticky!!!! I just don't know who raised that kid!!!!

Which brings up another issue: the other day he was going to get some ice out of the ice tray and as he took the tray out of the freezer I heard him mumble something. I questioned it and he repeated, "Who was YOUR mother?" Seems there were only two ice cubes in the tray and he felt I should have refilled it! Funny thing...my sister says the same things to me about ice cube trays. Man, I hate those things!!! I like "store-bought" ice better anyway!!!

Well...signing off for now...I remain, Yours in Sticky Shirt................
Posted by Picasa

No comments: