Sunday, September 13, 2009

Good Reading - Elsewhere!

I'm too lazy to even write today. My son dug out a couple of cedar stumps and mowed the yard midday while I began to dig/pull/cut out SOME of the day lilies. Day lilies are pretty when they're blooming but when they're done, they're really done. They just look weedy to me. I've decided to do away with a lot of them for next year. Thinking the ground would be good and soft because of all the rain, I ha ha ha thought ha ha ha I could just pull them up! Just try it...yeah, come on over!!! Clearly the roots are somewhere making trees in China! So I've starting cutting them off and cleaning up all the dead leaves and long stringy dead leaves of the day lilies themselves. I didn't make much of a dent - I'm using the excuse that the polycart is too full.

Also Tuesday the pool gets closed - professionally. So we removed the solar blanket and I've been cleaning/shocking/removing things from that area. My son said, "Don't you have a 'service' that does this?" My response, "Yeah...but they get paid by the hour!!!"

Anyway..since then, he's escaped and I've cleaned out the little fish-less pond (and trashed the zinnias), shocked the pool, folded and put away the solar blanket, put some of the lawn furniture in the shed, removed the thermometer from the pool, and had a shower! I'm tired!


But....the whole reason I started this blog. Others have brought to my attention in the past a couple of really good blogs. Take a few minutes and take a look at these two especially:
http://barnyardblessings.blogspot.com/
and
http://tolisannerosalie.blogspot.com/

Both are very well written. The barnyard blessings one is hilarious!!! And the lisannerosalie one has some incredible photography and craft ideas! Hope you'll take a few minutes and check them out. (Came back later and posted this: I can't seem to make these so you can just click on them...so copy and paste I guess..sorry.)

Well...I going to go pretend to read the Sunday paper....may have to check my eyelids for leaks from time to time however.
Later....

No comments: