Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Long Ride

What a great day!!! Concha called Thursday evening to see if I'd be ready for a bicycle ride this morning - YEAH! Then I called Mary and we got her in the mix too. We headed out at 9 am this morning, dodging early fair traffic and just trying to get away from town before it got any busier. Concha and I met at 4th & Severance, then rode south on Severance to meet Mary down by Carey Park. We got out onto 50 Hwy and rode east 2 miles to the Yoder Road. One mile south intersects Illinois Road...and that's where we wanted to be. We took Illinois east, taking a short break at the Buhler-Haven Road, then continued on east another five miles to where the road turns to gravel (or you can go north into Burrton). We chose to turn back at that point. There was very little wind, absolutely beautiful, clear blue skies, and a truly gorgeous day! I got home with 34.47 miles. The miles pass so much faster and so much easier with company. And with three women, I guarantee there's no lack of conversation!!! What fun!!!!
Hope your day's as enjoyable! Don't forget to count your blessings - I sure have!!!

No comments: