Monday, September 14, 2009

Kansas State Fair

Went to the Kansas State Fair today. It was "Dillon's Day"...free admission with a Dillon's Plus Card. Don't know quite where the time went, as we arrived about 11 am and didn't leave til 4 pm. We rode around the grounds (a couple of times, in fact) on the free tram...first time I'd ever done that. Sure saves a lot of steps and you can decide if you want to walk back and look closer. We did take a 45 minute break and watched In Step, a local band of three guys. It was enjoyable! (And we each came away with a new old joke.) There's plenty to see and do. And, as always, half the crowd would probably qualify to be in one of the sideshows!!! Sorry...but there's some weird stuff walking around this old world!!!! (And maybe they look at me and think the same thing, who knows?!) There's still another six days of noise, crowds, and craziness so don't miss having your "fair" share!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by barnyardblessings.blogspot.com. I'm glad it gave you a chuckle. And thanks for passing my blog along to friends. I appreciate it. Good to know people are reading and enjoying my entries. God Bless.