Saturday, September 19, 2009

Autumn's Comin'


And soon we'll be into winter. This is a beautiful time of year....but ya gotta know that winter's coming soon!

My pampas grass has just plumed within this past week. The pool was prepped and closed last Tuesday.

Today I even pulled up the tomato plants and stuffed them into the polycart. Yep, winter's gonna be here before long.

But I'm going to refuse to recognize it until November 1.

During our ride earlier today we saw lots of caterpillars....and they were all almost totally black. According to an article in the News in the past week or so, if they are yellow and black, mild winter; mostly black, hard winter. PLLLLLLTTTTTT! I think the caterpillars and the weather forecasters should take the same bus south!!!!

Oh...and the little purple flowers...I don't know what those are, do you? Let me know if you recognize them. They come back year after year and I don't have a clue. The leaves kind of look like mint, but I pinched them and they don't have much smell at all.


Later: My cousin Shon tells me the purple flowers are ageratum. I like 'em!! And I'm not sure I didn't plant them this year...I planted a couple of bags of seeds...???? Who knows????


Posted by Picasa

No comments: